Monday, August 21, 2023

The Sabbath

 Months ago I did complete some research into the nature of the Sabbath for my study of the book of Hebrews. My research led me to read Seventh Day Adventists, Progressive Dispensationalists and Progressive Covenantalists. I found Pastor Dale Ratzlaff of Life Assurance Minstries (LAM) and Dr. Rob Solberg of Biblical Roots Ministries very helpful. Pastor Ratzlaff’s book Sabbath in Christ is a definitive work on the Sabbath from a former Seventh Day Adventist. DA Carson’s book On the Lord’s Day was also consulted. The Tablets of Stone by John Resinger was also read. Finally, I listened to Tony Costa debate a Seventh Day Adventist.  


I prepared lecture notes. I gave two lectures. Only one lecture made it to YouTube: 


https://youtu.be/xHTs8SgsOY4




 

No comments: