Some of the most common objections on college campuses.
1. Prove God exists.
In what way would the person asking this objection accept "proof"? Empirical, logical or historical proof? How about all three. If you deny the God of Scripture exists you must affirm there is no such thing as proof. Since God is the foundation for logic, and regularity of nature. How's that for proof that God exists?
2. The Bible is written by men so it cannot be infallible. This is a Non-sequetor. Why can't man tell the truth in a book? Men do it all the time in college textbooks, right?
3. God cannot send people to hell just for not believing in him. Who says men go to hell for simply unbelief? The true nature of sin demands the holy and good God send people to hell.
4. There is more than one way to God. So if my way affirms there is exclusively only one way to God by Jesus Christ is this true to get me to God? If you say yes, then you agree there is only one way, but if you disagree, then all ways do not lead to God, specifically Christianity?
5. If God exists why is there evil? God has a morally sufficient reason for planning evil.
6. There are contradictions in the Bible. Where? Christians affirm contradictions are wrong because they do not reflect God's perfect rationality he created us to reflect. But why should a non-Christian care about contradictions?
7. Christianity borrows from Paganism. This is a genetic fallacy. True beliefs can be acquired independently from a group without having to borrow from another group.
8. Christians don't have the right to judge people according to Jesus.Yes he does say judge righteous judgement.
9. Jesus never claimed to be God. Ok then why did he die? The Jews wanted him killed because of what? Blasphemy, right? What did he say that would provoke the Jews to charge Jesus with blasphemy? John 8:58-59 makes it evident Jesus was claiming deity.
10. Christianity is just a institution established by the elites to keep power over the non-elites. Utterly arbitrary! But so what if its true? It doesn't negate Christianity's truth.
11. Christianity is just a projection of man's nature. Genetic fallacy.
12. Science proves Christianity is false. How so? Given my answer to (1 ) it actually proves it true.
13. What will happen to people in foreign lands who have never heard the gospel? They will go to hell for their willful ignorance. God has given us all sufficient knowledge to serve Him. But many still rebel against him.